Monday, March 30, 2009

No surgery for Nick this week.

Well... where to begin?

As you know, Nick's surgery that started off on Wednesday, March 25 was switched to Thursday, March 26. Then last Tuesday we get a phone call that his surgeon wouldn't be able to do his surgery until Monday or Tuesday of next week. We finally got a date for Tuesday, March 31 last Thursday... the day he was supposed to have his surgery.

On Friday, Lilly was running a fever of 101.8 in the morning. We kept an eye on her all evening for fevers but nothing higher then maybe 99 degrees. She started getting tired around 4:00 but around 6:00 we couldn't keep her up any longer. I checked her temp and she was 102.4. Matt brought her to the ER where we found out she had Pharyngitis which I guess is not as bad as Laryngitis but could turn into it. Matt asked if Nick could of gotten it and explained about his up coming surgery. They said chances are he didn't get it because we caught it in time.

This is when we decided that Nick and I would go stay at my parents so he wouldn't get sick. I brought Savannah with me for help... not that she was much help since she spend most of her time on the computer, but I dear not tell Matt that. Matt had the other 3 kids with him.

Saturday early evening Nick felt hot so I checked his temp and sure enough he was now running a fever of 101.3. I called Matt up to see if he wanted to go with me to the ER. I picked him up and off we went. Nick had no sign of a sore throat but his ears were a bit pink. They put him on a mild Amoxicillin 1 tsp 3x day. The ER doctor said he would not be surprised if his ears were ok by Monday but to take him in to see his doctor here before we call CG hospital.

Nick was fine since then. The highest his fever had gotten was like 99.5 or something like that. I took him in early this morning to be checked so we had enough time to call CG hospital and other people before it was to late.

Well... it ends up that yes... Nicks ears are ok but now his throat was a bit pink. His doctor didn't think he was going to be able to have the surgery because he was on medication for it. UGH!!! I went home and gave Matt the sad news. On a good note though... he is now 16 lbs 12 oz.

I tried to call CG hospital but kept getting a voice mail. Finally I got someone who said that Bard, the surgeon's nurse was going to call. I told this lady that I needed someone to call me soon because we had hotels we had to call. A few minutes later Nicks surgeon called and asked what was going on. I explained to him everything. He said he was worried about giving Nick surgery with just a slight sign of illness but wanted to call his doctor here to make sure what was going on. He called me back about 10 minutes later and said that his doctor was worried about his throat and would like to see Nick Friday before they set up a surgery.

So... no surgery tomorrow. We are go see his doctor here on Friday at 9:15. While there his doctor here is going to call Nicks surgeon and let him know how Nick is doing. If Nick is fine then he will have surgery on either Monday or Tuesday but more then likely it will be Monday. We made all the phone calls to family and other people that are part of his surgery and told them.

Well, once again we are at a stand still. Lets just hope and pray that Nick gets better by Friday and is able to have surgery hopefully Monday this way Matt doesn't miss another week of work. We were hoping that he would be back to work by next Monday. He has already missed 2 weeks of work (last week and this week) for pretty much nothing and will now be missing next week.

Got to look on the bright side... or I will go crazy and cry lol. I want Nick to be 100% well for his surgery so he doesn't have any other problems after. I also found out he had a good weight gain so maybe he will actually be 17 lbs for his surgery since I know he will probably end up loosing about a pound during anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment