Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 4

They moved Nick into his own room last night around 6:30. At 7:00 I was able to hold him for the first time and he quit down long enough for a 20 minute nap only to wake up in such pain that there was nothing I could do to comfort him. They gave him some pain meds and by 8:00 he was falling asleep again.

This morning he got sick twice from the potassium meds they were giving to him orally. His morning nurse today talked to the doctors and they decided to just stop giving it to him all together. She also decided to take the IV out of his left hand since it was having a hard time flushing out anyway. He is so much happier now that he can move and bend that arm and get to his toys.

He still has the two fluid tubes in which only brought in .75 ~ 6 ml this morning at 6 am. They check his fluids at 6 am, 2 pm and 10 pm. There was talk about taking the tubes out yesterday but because he had a rise in fluids they decided to keep them in and hopefully take them out tomorrow. YAY... since I hate those darn things. They said they probably could take the one out but decided to wait and just take them both out at the same time. Fine with me, less pain on him.

So that's the update on Nick as of noon. He is sleeping quietly so I'm trying to keep it quit here not to wake him up. I Carly is on right now for back ground nose for him. A bit of home lol. Its showing the episode where YouTube "Fred" is on. I think Fred is such a crack up lol. My kids showed me his videos months ago lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment