Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 5

Anyway... lets see if I can get this done. Don't know how far I will get though. lol

Nicholas had a pretty rough night last night. He was up just about every hour crying. Sometimes it was just to be held other times it was pretty hard crying in pain. It was a very long night. He only got morphine once so that was good but early this morning he got another and I think he had 2 doses today.

At noon they took his fluid tubes out which surprised Matt since it was still getting 4 to 6 ml out a shift. He seemed to act a bit better after that. At around 3 in the afternoon they took the IV out in his groin area. He was in much better spirits after that. He was his happy self again. Laughing, smiling, sticking his tong out and so on.

Around 5 this evening they decided to stop giving him morphine all together and just give him Tylenol or Tylenol 3. Right now he is not to happy. He just woke up and doesn't look like a happy camper. I gave him some Tylenol 3 to help out with whatever pain he is going through. I wish I knew what it was. I'm hoping its just his teeth coming through finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment