Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Trucker's Wife!

Ah yes... to be a trucker's wife! Its about like being a single parent at times lol. Today was an awakening of what a single mother goes though.

The kids have been good today. I have no complains about them which is unreal lol. This all has to do with my wonderful wash machine.

The load in the drier was done so I went to throw the load from the wash into the drier when I realized I forgot to use fabric softener. I started a rinse load and went back to finishing dinner up. I could hear the wash machine was acting kinda funny so I went to see what was going on. I lifted the lid and realized the spinner deal in the center was not working. I turned it off, then turned it back on... no luck. I turned it to fully wash, still same thing. I ended up turning the wash machine off thinking it would drain on its own.

I decided to call Matt and let him know what happen. When he answered the phone I asked him... do you want the good news or the bad news? He said just give it to me. I told him... well, the drier works great but the wash machine is shot, it wont spin anymore. I walked over to see it again and was telling him what was going on. Maddy walked over to see also and said she stepped in something. That's when I realized the wash machine was LEAKING!!! All over my floor, water went. Matt told me to turn the water off from the back so I did. The water was now coming from inside where it just loaded up. OMG what was I going to do with all this water. I told Matt I had to let him go and deal with this. I grabbed a couple towels as I didn't want to use all our towels. We needed some for baths tonight. I pulled out all the clothes that was in the machine and stuck them in a basket and then put that in the sink to drain. I then started putting towels down on the floor to get the water up. I grabbed a bucket and started digging out the water from the machine. Oh what a chore this was.

I am learning that there is a lot of things I thought I couldn't do before but now have no choice but to do. Toilet floods, sink doesn't drain and yes... even a leaking wash machine I can now take on lol. What doesn't brake you only makes you stronger. I'm pretty darn strong right now. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment